SAFe® Product Manager/Product Owner with PMPO Certification
Delivering value through effective Program Increment execution
With SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager Certification
Based on version 4.5 of SAFe.
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe® 4Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
They will also learn how to apply lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
Topics covered include:
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
To perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager(POPM)certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
Prior to attending the course, students should familiarise themselves with the Scaled Agile Framework.
Certifying Bodies & Exams
- Exam name – SAFe 4 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice , multiple response
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access to the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of your SAFe 4 Product Owner/Product Manager course .
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – 35 out of 45 (78%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
- Click here to access exam information for SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager 4.0
Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned.
- Renewal fee: $100
What You Receive
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM)exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs towards their CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) with the Scrum Alliance.
PMI Professional Development Units (PDUS)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDUs towards their continuing education requirements with PMI
Course duration – 2 days
No Reviews found for this course.