SAFe® for Teams with SP certification
Empowering teams to deliver value in the SAFe enterprise
With SAFe® 4 Practitioner Certification
Based on version 4.5 of SAFe
Build your skills as a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART)—and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams—when you become a SAFe® 4 Practitioner (SP). During this two-day course, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the ART, how it delivers value, and what you can do to effectively perform your role using Scrum, Kanban, and XP.
You will also learn how to write stories and break down features, plan and execute iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, you’ll learn about the continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate with other teams in the program, and what it takes to continuously improve the train.
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Building an Agile Team
- Planning the Iteration
- Executing the Iteration
- Executing the Program Increment
To perform the role of a SAFe® Practitioner, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Know your team and its role on the Agile Release Train
- Know all other teams on the train, their roles, and the dependencies between the teams
- Plan iterations
- Execute iterations and demonstrate value
- Plan Program Increments
- Integrate and work with other teams on the train
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Team members who apply Lean and Agile at scale
- All members of an Agile Release Train preparing for launch
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Practitioner (SP) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Prior to attending the course, students should familiarise themselves with the Scaled Agile Framework
Certifying Bodies & Exams
- Exam name – SAFe 4 Practitioner Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Practitioner course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – 35 out of 45 (78% passing score)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
- Exam Study Materials – can be viewed here on the Scaled Agile website.
What You Receive
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe 4 Practitioner (SP) exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certification
Course duration – 2 days
No Reviews found for this course.